Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: April 22, 1914 and April 22, 2021

 Nora Bauer: Wednesday, April 22, 1914

Anna [sister] went to Culver and Plymouth in the machine. Paul and I went to the G.I.G Club dance tonight. They had about 115 couples. Had such a good time. Got home about 1:15 AM. 

Nora Spitznogle: Thursday, April 22, 2021

My work day was full of meetings and it was later evening at the office for me - until 8:00. Raced to Target after work to pick up some gift certificates for our event tomorrow. 

Great-aunt Anna also worked at Barnes Construction. I've seen automobiles called machines in the newspapers of the time. I must have been Anna's turn for a ride in the car. I know that the  construction company built a lot of the campus at Culver Academy. I wonder what they had going on in Plymouth? 

The other exciting bit of news is that she and Paul went to a dance. Here is a little blurb from the Logansport Pharos Reporter: 

Not a very exciting day or me. Our biggest fundraising event is tomorrow. Even though it's virtual, the development team are busy bees. I tried to take a little pressure off by running errands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment