Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: April 17, 1914 and April 17, 2021

 Nora Bauer: Friday, April 17, 1914

Bee was over to our house for supper tonight. Aunt Kate had a surprise on Bee tonight all of our class was over and the Minnemann's. 

Nora Spitznogle: Saturday, April 17, 2021

I puttered around the house this morning. I didn't do any cleaning, but didn't make a mess, so success! Worked at both Marigold and the Red Key. 

What a fun evening Grandma Nora had! I hope she enjoyed being in on the surprise party for cousin Beatrice. I bet the house was full of chatter and laughter! 

In searching for a blurb about the party I found all sorts of helpful things. 
This piece was in the September 17, 1912 Logansport Journal. Now we know when Beatrice left for the convent. It's fun to know that she worked at Maiben's Laundry - I'm pretty sure that Nora's little brother, Herman, worked there also. 
The bit below is from the summer of 1909, the year she graduated from high school. Nora has mentioned several of those first names, now we have the last names....including the Minneman's. 
I don't have much to report from my day....I worked, then I worked some more. I had fifteen minutes at home between jobs to change clothes and brush my teeth. The new tenants moved in today and all seems to be going well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment