Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: April 15, 1914 and April 15, 2021

Nora Bauer: Wednesday, April 15, 1914

Went to the card social. Minnemann's were there and so was George. Paul brought me home in the buggy. Louis Bauman won the prize. Aunt Clara came home today. 

Nora Spitznogle: Thursday, April 15, 2021

I worked late this evening. Went straight home to give the rental unit one more sweep. I unpacked my GreenBean delivery bin and prepped a healthy lunch for tomorrow. 

Yet another Minnemann mention. I found a connection to the Spitznogles; not the Bauers. I'm assuming that George is Paul's younger brother. I searched the newspapers for mention of the card social and Louis Bauman, but came up empty. Aunt Clara Bauer is her papa's sister. I wonder where Aunt Clara was? 

Fairly boring day for me. I kept my nose to the grindstone and got a lot accomplished. The rental side is ready for the new tenants to move in tomorrow. I treat myself to a GreenBean delivery every other week - organic fruits and veggies to my door. GreenBean donates lots of beautiful food to Second Helpings also. 

As I alluded to yesterday, I'm back on the WeightWatchers wagon. I made a lovely salad using some of the leftover chicken from my dinner out last night and packed fruit and carrots and pistachios. 

No comments:

Post a Comment