Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: April 14, 1914 and April 14, 2021

Nora Bauer: Tuesday, April 14, 2021 
Uncle Val called me up this morning to tell me that Bee was home. Saw her this morning and was over to her home this evening. Minnneman's were there too and we had a good time.  

Nora Spitznogle: Wednesday, April 14, 2021
Another productive working day. Weighed in at Weight Watchers for the first time in a month. Uggh. Met Kristi for dinner - it was wonderful to catch up, way too long since we'd seen each other. 
I assume that Bee is Grandma Nora's cousin, Beatrice Bauer, youngest child of her Uncle Valentine and Aunt Kate. Beatrice was 22, three years older than Nora. Bee eventually became Sister Hyacinth of the Sisters of Notre Dame Order. I'm guessing that she was visiting from the convent in Wisconsin. I can't find much about Sister Hyacinth's career. 

I couldn't find a proper obituary, just this blurb. She died in 1978, at 86 years old. I'm sad that I never met her. 

Another mention of the Minnemann's. I don't think we're related, but I've heard that name over the years. 

I had dinner with my dear friend Kristi. We met at a restaurant in Carmel, which is almost a suburb of Indianapolis, even though it's in another county. It was great to catch up - I can't remember the last time we had a dinner that was just us. Of course the pandemic put our social lives on hold for a year. It's starting to feel like things are getting a bit back to normal. 

Anyway, it was great to catch up on her daughters, our jobs, and of course, talk about men. 

No comments:

Post a Comment