Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: March 27, 1914 and March 27, 2021

 Nora Bauer: Friday, March 27, 1914

Rained all day again. Was to Church tonight and then did some fancy work. 

Nora Spitznogle, Saturday, March 27, 2021

Puttered this morning, ran to Marigold this afternoon, and worked Red Key this evening. 


It sounds like Grandma Nora had a bit of a quiet dreary day. I wonder what getting to church entailed....walking, street car, buggy? Whichever way, the rain must have made it harder. 

I was not paying a bit of attention to the weather forecast and left THREE of my car windows down when I got to the Red Key. It poured late evening and my car was soaked. Nothing like riding home in a puddle. 

I was scheduled to work at Second Helpings this morning, but someone's plans changed and I was off the hook. I puttered around and worked on catching up on laundry. I ran to Marigold for a trunk show of one of my favorite clothing lines. I also purchased a pretty summer dress. I have more outfits for garden parties or midnight cruises - I should be focusing on clothes for my real life. 

I popped into my friend, Heidi's, drive through birthday party - the cupcake is delicious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment