Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: March 28, 1914 and March 28, 2021

 Nora Bauer: Saturday, March 28, 1914

Went up town with Mamie tonight and we got some shoes and a skirt. 

Nora Spitznogle: Sunday, March 28, 2021

Spontaneous Sundays continue. Visited Brenda's to watch "my" episode of  Everything but the House. 

It looks like both Grandma Nora and I were in the shopping mood this weekend. Again, I would love to see what she purchased. I'm lucky enough to have one of Great-Aunt Mamie's coats. 

Adrian and Schaun (brothers) picked me up to go to Brenda's. I loved being able to invite them in to see what I've done with the house - after a full year of just a few visitors, it's nice/weird. 

Brenda and Gary's neighbor, Sylvia, made a delicious baked chicken dish that you can top with cheese, sour cream, olives, or whatever your heart desires. I had two bowls while we watched NCAA basketball. All of "my teams" are out of the tournament,  but it's still fun to watch in the hometown venues. 

At half-time we tuned in to my episode of HGTV's Everything but the House. It's Episode 8, if you're looking to tune in and it seems that my dispenser is featured in the intro of each episode. If a way to watch it without a subscription appears, I'll let you know. 

Here is Lara Spencer holding my PEZ spaceman. Lara was a host on Good Morning America, but I remember her better from hosting Antiques Road Show about 15 years ago. 
Close up of the Cocoa Marsh spaceman. It was a mail-in premium for purchasing Cocoa Marsh Chocolate Syrup. 
That's my bid! 
The owner seems quite pleased! 
It's weird to see my giant face. And grey hair. 
Hey! That's me! 

All and all, I don't think I came across as too dorky. The format of the show is fun - I hope it continues. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nora, I hadn't heard about your show, how fun! I know Lara Spencer from Flea Market Flip, which I can be obsessed with. Your hair looks great! Laura

    ReplyDelete