Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: March 17, 1914 and March 17, 2021

Nora Bauer: Tuesday, March 17, 1914

Was to Church this morning. They sang a high Mass in honor of St. Patrick. It rained a little this afternoon. Am going to bed early tonight as I could not do anything (my eyes). 

Nora Spitznogle: Wednesday, March 17, 2021

My intention was to bake shamrock-shaped cookies and deliver them to friends, the reality was that I purchased cupcakes from a friend, ate four of them and delivered the rest. Dinner at the Aristocrat. 

I love that the German parish honored St. Patrick's Day. I'm so sorry that Grandma Nora's eyes were bothering her. 

I don't know when she started wearing glasses, I have a a pair of her later-in-life glasses. They are bifocals and pretty strong. I put them on for this photograph. I'm shocked at how old I look. I'm happy that I've let my hair be natural, but it's still a surprise when I look in the mirror. 
I delivered some cupcakes to neighbors before work and ate the last cupcake on my way to work. Sheesh. I need to get my eating under control. 

Once again my plan was to work on the house, but I wound up walking to the Aristocrat (four blocks) for an Irish dinner - bangers and mash with a side of Irish whiskey - I gave myself a Lenten dispensation to break my booze fast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment