Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: March 18, 1914 and March 18, 2021


Nora Bauer: Wednesday, March 18, 1914
Was at the office all day by myself. Went to the bank this afternoon. Went to church this evening. 

Nora Spitznogle: Thursday, March 18, 2021
Worked all day (heck - that's almost everyday). Puttered around with house stuff this evening, but didn't get much done. 

It seems that Grandma Nora and I both had an equally boring day. 

I did fall down a rabbit hole this week trying to find Lizzie Bauer. I found another Lizzie who married into an Indianapolis Bauer family. Here is a page of her 1905 will. 

I find the language delightful - she calls her step-children beloved - how sweet is that? I looked up the parcel and it's just one block from Second Helpings where there are still a few grand houses mixed in with the industrial area and the interstate runs right through the neighborhood.  

I drove by this evening and was disappointed to find that it's a construction lot right now, it's still fun to imagine what the street looked like 120 years ago. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment