Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: March 16, 1914 and March 16, 2021

Nora Bauer: Monday, March 16, 1914

Was very nice again today. The rivers are pretty high. Mr. Fish was in this afternoon and promised us a box of candy if he would sell [?] us cement [?]

Nora Spitznogle: Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Worked today. I got my car back - it was just the fuel line, easy repair. Schaun gave me a ride and I did his monthly sales tax return. 


I'm sure the high rivers were a worry considering the catastrophic flood of the year before. I'm. to entirely sure of two of the words in the last sentence. I do know that a box of candy would have appealed to Grandma Nora (as it would her namesake granddaughter). I found a blurb for Fish Brothers Construction, which is how I came up with the cement guess. 

My car repair was pretty simple - I needed a new fuel line. My car is 10 years old and only has 77,000 miles. I'd like to hang on to it for a few more years, so I was grateful that it wasn't the end of the car. 

Another night of not working on organizing the house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment