Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: March 12, 1914 and March 12, 2021

 Nora Bauer: Thursday, March 12, 1914

Was a little cold out today. Was down town this afternoon. Went to singing class tonight. Mamie was sewing the lace on my centerpiece. 

Nora Spitznogle: Friday, March 13, 2021

Last day of my vacation week, I managed to sleep in a bit. I made myself finish painting the three walls - what a relief! 

I've been trying to research centerpieces from Grandma Nora's era. Since Nora's been working on it so long, I'm picturing a big crazy pile of lace and embroidery and silk flowers. I'm sure it was much more delicate and pretty than what I'm imagining. 

I made myself finish the painting the walls. I'd already starting hanging artwork on one of the walls. I decided not to paint the fourth wall that has the arch and iron trellis-y thing. Unfortunately, I'd slopped some white paint on part of it. I was able to match the existing paint by mixing a sample container with some of the white. It's close enough for me. 

I only left the house to run to the craft store for more frames. It was a lovely day of puttering as I pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment