Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: March 11, 1914 and March 11, 2021

 Nora Bauer: Wednesday, March 11, 1914

Was to church this afternoon and went up town afterward. There was an eclipse of the moon tonight. When we came home is was beginning to get dark. 

Nora Spitznogle: Thursday, March 11, 2021

Volunteered at the Saint Vincent's vaccination clinic this morning. Picked Dad up, then Kassie and drove to Batesville to pick up Sally for her birthday eve dinner in Oldenburg. 

I arrived at one of the buildings on the Saint Vincent's Hospital campus at 6:00 this morning to check people in for their COVID-19 vaccines. It was a nice and happy experience, but six hours is a long time to be staring at the computer and saying the same thing over and over. When folks were checking in for their second vaccine I asked what the first thing they were going to do once they were fully vaccinated. Almost always, the answer was "see my grandchildren." 

My material grandmother, Leona Donohue Gremelspacher, also from Cass County, attended Saint Vincent's nursing school when it was located closer to downtown Indianapolis. She was president of her 1931 graduating class. 

After my volunteer shift I headed to the farm to fetch Dad and his truck. We drove back to Indy to get Kassie and on to Batesville we went. We grabbed Sally and went to the Pearl Street Pub for an early dinner and to celebrate Sally's birthday. 

It was pouring rain when we left the restaurant. We were all soaked and I was extra soggy from running to get the truck. I was happy for Dad's heated truck seats. 

Back to Indy to drop off Kassie and then to Lebanon to drop off Dad and get my car for the trip back to Indianapolis. Can you tell that I'm not fond of driving? 


No comments:

Post a Comment