Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: January 6, 1914 and January 6, 2021

Nora Bauer: Friday, January 6, 2014

We had a hail storm this morning more than I have seen for a long time. Medlands have a new baby boy at their house today. 

Nora Spitznogle: Saturday, January 6, 2021

Cold and leftover icy roads from yesterday's sleet and snow. I worked at both Second Helpings and the Red Key Tavern with a nice nap between. 

My guess is that Grandma Nora meant sleet.  If you'd care to learn the difference, click here
I did find this in the Logansport Times dated February 13, 1914. I looks like the Medland's were neighbors on Helm Street. 

My day was busy, nothing noteworthy. I arrived at Second Helpings at 7:15 and we finished at 12:30. I did some laundry and managed to wrestle the box springs and mattress off the bed so I could vacuum underneath. I also cleaned out the furnace vent as far as I could reach. My reward for the hard work was 11 cents, an earring and the satisfaction of a job well done. I had a lovely - and necessary - nap before heading to the Red Key. I was busy cooking and waiting on folks, but it slowed down at the end. It was nice to have the kitchen cleaned and beer stocked by midnight, so we could leave shortly after. 

No comments:

Post a Comment