Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: February 5, 1014 and February 5, 2021

Nora Bauer: Thursday, February 5, 1914

Just got home from the Charity Euchre and dance. I had 9 punches out of 16 Dances. Had every dance and had just a dandy time. 

Nora Spitznogle: Friday, February 5, 2021

Mailed 200 St. Valentine's Day cards on the way to work. I took Mom for her second vaccination this evening. I'm just thrilled that she's protected! 

I don't know why I'm so surprised by all of the fun Grandma Nora was having in the winter of 1914 - I'm happy for her! She was earning money and paying her own way - she certainly deserved it. How I wish I could see her dance card! I wonder if Paul was there? 

It looks like it was quite a party! Over 500 people attended - the population of Logansport was around 19,000 then - it's around 17,000 now. Euchre at 75 tables and dancing until 1:00. I find it interesting that parties and weddings and such didn't just happen on weekends. I love weekday events - it feels like everything always happens on Saturday evenings. Maybe it just seems like that because I work most Saturday nights. 

I wore one of the new tops that I purchased at Marigold yesterday. It was fun to wear someone new and in softer colors than I typically wear. 

It is really cold in Indianapolis and the temperature will be dropping during the week. I picked Mom up and dropped her off for her second vaccine to protect against COVID-19. 


Since there is not much to (safely) do these days, we spent an exciting hour at a CVS. Mom hasn't been in a store for almost a year! She got stocked up on her favorite soap and other goodies. It was fun to spend time with her and we both got some steps in. 


No comments:

Post a Comment