Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: February 21, 1914 and February 21, 2021

 Nora Bauer: Saturday, February 21, 1914

Was real nice out today. Went up to the church and also to see the Flats this afternoon. Anna [sister] and I went to church tonight and uptown then home. 

Nora Spitznogle: Sunday, February 21, 2021

Played online Euchre with Beth, Ann, and Tim [sisters and Ann's husband - so fun. Schaun and I went to IKEA and dinner at the Test Kitchen. I was wiped out, early to bed. 

I feel guilty that Grandma Nora went to church twice on a Saturday and I didn't go once on a Sunday. We still have a dispensation from Mass due to the pandemic, so I've been attending Mass when I'm an EME and letting someone else have my space when I'm not. Laughing with my sisters feels like a closer to God moment anyway. 

Schaun wanted to grab a lamp and I'm always happy to tag along. The store is big enough that it's easy to distance. We had dinner at the Fishers Test Kitchen after. 

My cousin Lou sent me a text on Friday - which I have yet to reply to - asking if I'd caught up on my sleep. Going to bed early this evening will certainly help. 



No comments:

Post a Comment