Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: February 22, 1914 and February 22, 2021

Nora Bauer: Sunday, February 22, 1914
Went to early Mass today and got dinner. It was awfully bad out this afternoon snowing and windy. Louisa and Florence were over. Paul called and said that he would not be in tonight. 

Nora Spitznogle: Monday, February 22, 2021
Worked today. On the way home I got the wild idea to paint my living room and stopped at Lowe's for paint. So many color choices and rollers and brushes and such - intimating and overwhelming. 


 I'm still hot on the trail of who Louisa and Florence were. In Grandma Nora and Grandpa Paul's 1919 wedding announcement Florence Kienly was mentioned as singing Ava Maria. I thought I was was on to something, but I don't think that's the Florence Nora was talking about in 1914. Florence Kienly was in 8th grade in 1914 and I can't find any other time that she and Nora were mentioned together. Back to looking for clues. 

The decluttering project has turned in to a rearranging project and now a painting project. I've never done any interior painting....and now I see why. So many choices - I picked up a gallon of as-close-to-white paint as I could find, a tray, blue tape, roller and a brush. And plastic sheeting - lots of plastic. 

I started by taping off the ceiling and baseboards and covering everything in the vicinity of the first wall I'm painting. I started using the roller, but the 1930s plaster and lathe wall is far from even. What the heck have a gotten myself into? 

No comments:

Post a Comment