Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: February 8, 1914 and February 8, 2021

Nora Bauer: Sunday, February 8, 1914 

Was 2 above zero this morning when I went to early Mass and did not get much warmer all day. Mary Tussing was over this afternoon. 

Nora Spitznogle: Monday, February 9, 2021

At work by 6:15, another hectic day. Straight home to finish addressing St. Valentine's cards. I ventured out at 9:00 to drop cards at post office. 

I really need to get a grip on where Grandma Nora lived in relationship to the church. Did she walk? Buggy? Street car? Nora has mentioned Mary in a few posts already - it's nice to know her last name. 

Second Helpings was busy  - we've got several people working remotely right now. I jumped in for an hour helping the crew packing meals for home delivery. It was fun to put on a apron and to be able to see the fruits of my labor. 

I didn't order enough St. Valentine's Day cards in the first batch...which turned into the second...and now the third. It's a good thing I'm not having a party. I've spend all of the booze and sweets budget on cards. I ran 50 more to the mail box before I tucked in for the night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment