Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: February 3, 1914 and February 3, 2021

Nora Bauer: Tuesday, February 3, 1914

Mamie [sister] had her club over tonight and we had a real good time. They asked me to join the club and I think I will accept. Anna [sister] went to her club meeting. 

Nora Spitznogle: Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Another busy work day. I stopped for groceries on the way home and treated myself to a chicken sandwich for dinner. My sleep has been wonky so I took a nap after Jeopardy. 

Last week I was wondering where the "club" was. Now it's clear that the club is a group. And there are several of them, as I've gleaned from the social columns in the newspapers. 

I wonder how older sister Mamie (24) felt about Nora (19) joining her club? I'm assuming the other members got her blessing. 

I giggled when I found this news clipping about the evening. The Gigglers! 

I keep finding Mamie's name spelled "Mayme" in the social column. I wonder if it was a misprint or if that's how she preferred it? 

I was able to find a blurb about Anna's (22) club, although I haven't tracked down the club's name yet. 
I am happy to find the last names of some of the folks that Grandma Nora has mentioned. 

My evening was decidedly boring. Pre-pandemic, a trip to get groceries wouldn't have even registered as an activity...now it's a highlight. I was intentional in stopping for groceries on the way home this evening so the timing would be right to pop in to WW [Weight Watchers] to weigh in. Unfortunately they have changed the hours, so I wasn't able to check in...maybe just as well. 

I'm afraid that my long nap won't help my wonky sleep pattern. I'm wide awake now, dang it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment