Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: February 18, 1914 and February 18, 2021

Nora Bauer: Wednesday, February 18, 1914

Was raining this afternoon turning in to sleet and now it is snowing.Was doing fancy work again tonight. 

Nora Spitznogle: Thursday, February 18, 2021

Walked to my car to drive to work. Today was less frantic. Found a parking space closer to home. 

Once again, the weather is the hot topic between us. It was a little warmer when I walked to my car - up to 18 degrees. It was a nice day at work, catching up on work that got delayed because of the snow and the 2.5 days I'd missed the week before. It's review time and we're cleaning up our electronic files in anticipation of a system upgrade. 

I still wasn't able to drive on my street. I checked a parking lot behind a building just a block away at it was clear, with a few cars parked there. Woo hoo! After I parked, someone I knew parked behind me - he lived across the street from the lot - he said it was perfectly fine to leave my car overnight. Woo hoo! 

My version of fancy work this evening was to clean off my desk. I've been using my table for a desk ever since the pandemic hit in March. The desktop became a next of receipts and cards and flotsam. It's great to see the surface! 

No comments:

Post a Comment