Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: January 25, 1914 and January 25, 2021

 Nora Bauer: Sunday, January 25, 1914

Was to early Mass today and to Meeting afterward. Florence Louise and I were over to Yager's this afternoon. We were doing some fancy darning. It started to snow this afternoon. 

Nora Spitznogle: Monday, January 25, 2021

Woke up early this morning and took advantage of a burst of enthusiasm for cleaning before work. Stopped at Target after work for cat food and found a cute coat on sale - yay! 

I'm sure there should have been a comma between Florence and Louise - she's mentioned them before. I couldn't find any reference to a store, restaurant, or club named Yager's so it must have been a person. 

The weather was a little yucky today - icy rain and some slick spots in the roads. I was down to the last nibble of cat food and Tilly made sure that I knew it by nudging the food container and meowing obnoxiously. 

Target cleverly keeps the pet food in the middle of the store so I had to walk through. My dear brother-in-law, Tim (Ann's husband) drew my name and gave me a Target gift certificate for Christmas. I always feel like I'm cheating on Marigold (where I've worked for 31 years) when I purchase clothes anywhere else, but this fun jacket was hard to pass up - and it felt like a gift vs. using the certificate towards cat food. 
I marvel about how my tastes have changed - I was never one for animal prints and other such exoticness, yet here we are! 

No comments:

Post a Comment