Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: January 15, 1914 and January 2021

Nora Bauer: Thursday, January 15, 2014

Was very nice out today. almost like spring Was to singing practice tonight. Got a card from Julia. She said Joe Schneider went out to Kansas to get married. 

Nora Spitznogle: Friday, January 15, 2021

I was the early manager at Second Helpings, arriving at 6:00 A.M. Everything was humming at work - a smooth and busy day. Home after work for a quiet evening. 
Singing practice? I wonder if it was for the church choir? I can't find any Julia or Joe Schneider in the family tree. Was Grandma Nora happy about Joe's Kansas marriage? 

I absolutely love my job at Second Helpings. The nonprofit agency has accomplished amazing things during the pandemic. 
The numbers for 2020 just blow me away - if we said that we'd do this much a year ago, I wouldn't have believed it. Last month numbers are from December. Record amounts of food rescued and food sent to food pantries and other social service agencies. Everything - meals, food to pantries, and the Culinary Job Training is free to all. 

I got the bright idea to move the Two Noras series from my main blog to a new one. Laying it out (I still have some tweaking to figure out) and moving the first two weeks of stories consumed most of the evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment