Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: January 14, 1914 and January 14, 2021

 Nora Bauer: Wednesday, January 14, 1914

Saw George Spitz[nogle] today. He was just going in to his grandmother's when we came home for dinner. Worked on my centerpiece again tonight. Wrote a letter to Helen today. 

Nora Spitznogle: Thursday, January 14, 2021

Worked half day, came home at 1:00 to prep for Skype interview about PEZ dispenser that I purchased on an online auction. Errands this evening; groceries, gas, and lottery tickets. 

George Spitznogle was Paul's younger brother by just a year, and Grandma Nora's eventual brother-in-law. The grandmother George was visiting would have been his material grandmother, Mary Kramer. In this era, dinner would have been served at noontime. 

I'm so curious about this centerpiece - what was it for? 

I'm guessing the letter she wrote was to Helen Rossfeld, a cousin. I need to connect some dots to confirm the relationship. 

I also wonder if she was tired after being up so late the night before. 

This is wild - I was interviewed for an HGTV show about Everything but the House, an online estate sale. They are following items from a specific sale from start to finish. In order for the computer to be at the right height and to show off my PEZ collection I had my laptop perched on five milk crates and clipped a light to a kitchen cabinet so the lighting would be better in the dark hallway. I hope I don't sound too dopey if it airs. 

The Powerball and Hoosier Lottery are up to $650M or something crazy like that. Fingers crossed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment