Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: January 6, 1915 and January 6, 2023

Nora Bauer: Wednesday, January 6, 1915

Rained all day today is very windy and turning colder tonight. Mr. Sewnig died very suddenly this afternoon. Paul called me up tonight. 

Nora Spitznogle: Friday, January 6, 2023

Worked today, took a little time away to drive to Lebanon to attend Mrs. Wood's funeral mass. Met Kassie and Tracy for dinner. 


I was having a hard time deciphering the name of the man who died suddenly. I searched the newspaper archives for Logansport for "died suddenly" and Mr. Sewnig's name popped up. 


I wonder if Mr. Sewnig's restaurant was close to Grandma Nora's papa's tavern? 

I scooted out of work for a few hours to attend Mrs. Wood's funeral. Our two families attended St. Joesph's Catholic church and I feel like we've always known each other. 

I met Kassie and Tracy in Broad Ripple for dinner - Kassie's older dog, Levi, died today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment