Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: January 5, 1915 and January 5, 2023

Nora Bauer: Tuesday, January 5, 1915

Is much warmer out today and thawed a great deal. Did some more crocheting tonight. It is now past ten and just going to bed. 

Nora Spitznogle: Thursday, January 5, 2023

Another workday, another day of meetings. I came straight home to attack the closet project. Lots of sorting, recycling, and feelings - so many newspaper clippings!


I wonder what Grandma Nora's typical bedtime was? She didn't seem to be the night owl that I am. 

I got a lot done this evening. I took one of the bookcases out of the closet and tucked my desk into that space, to make room for the round bookcase. 


It feels like a have another room in the house now. 


I'm glad that tomorrow is recycling pickup. I filled the bin this evening with papers and magazines. I'd kept an issue of everything that I've ever written and after years of being a columnist for the no longer in print, Broad Ripple Gazette, there is a lot of paper in this house. 

This photo bubbled to the surface this evening. I have no idea what was happening in our back yard. It's fun to see the pine tree that now towers over the house and the original green color of the house. My sister Beth and I are looking groovy. 
 

This was another fun find - science fair winners in 1974 - I would have been 13. I'm on the left, I don't remember that fab outfit - so cute! Kassie is standing next to me (back row). 

No comments:

Post a Comment