Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: December 31, 1914 and December 31, 2021

Nora Bauer: Thursday, December 31, 1914

There was not much left of the building today and it is still burning. Paul just called up and said we would go to the dance. I got my towel finished. 

Nora Spitznogle: Friday, December 31, 2021

Aaron and I visited his aunt and cousin in Glasglow, we had a wonderful visit! Even though we had the hotel room for the night, we decided to head to Indianapolis.  


The fire was a doozy! Can you imagine how much material a lumber mill would have had to burn? Once again, I wish I could see Grandma Nora's towel - and it makes me wonder if some of the embroidered things that Dad and Rosemary had were made by Nora....

How fun to go to a dance to ring in 1915! I hope they had a grand time! 



Aaron realized that his insulin wasn't in his suitcase, hopefully it's at my house. He convinced me that there was no reason to call his doctor for another supply. 

Glassglow is about an hour and a half drive from Lousiville. We had a fun time with Aaron's Aunt Nancy Jane, cousin Heather, and their friends. Nancy Jane fixed a lovely good luck meal of corned beef, cabbage, and black eyed peas. 

Aaron played his guitar - we all swooned a little. We had great fun looking at old photos and hearing stories from back in the day. 

On the way back to Louisville I asked Aaron if he would mind if we grabbed our bags from the sketchy hotel and skedaddled back to Indianapolis. He was happy to do so and we arrived at the Red Key in time for the countdown and cheap champagne. I was happy to be close to home and it was a grand way to start the new year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment