Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: November 19, 1914 and November 19, 2021

Nora Bauer: Thursday, November 19, 1914

Went to the card social tonight. Had nine punches. Florence Schnitz & Colletta Garnett won the prizes. 

Nora Spitznogle: Friday, November 20, 2021

Worked in the office until 4:00, headed to Fountain Square for my Tonic Ball gig. It's freezing!


I love Grandma Nora's active social life - it explains a lot about Dad and me. 

I had a fun busy day and I was back to my outdoor alley post behind the Fountain Square Theater. I was better prepared this evening. I brought my little propane heater, more layers, and coffee and granola bars for the homeless folks that that kept coming by last evening. 

Last year's Tonic Ball was virtual also and I had the same gig - 2021 has been a big old deja vu all over again - you can see that it was a little warmer last year and the difference in my hear. Oddly I'm wearing the same mask and scarf. 
I had a pot of coffee and an iPad to watch the stream of show. I gave away a lot of coffee and power bars - and my gloves - to homeless folks hanging around. 
I have a new-found appreciation for my little heater. 

I was done checking people in so I got to see the last set live. Matt Boyer is a long-time friend and first played 25-ish years ago at CATH (coffee and tea house) that I managed at 701. N. College Ave (54th Street). He's all grown up and a fabulous musician. 

You can see the whole Tonic Ball here: https://youtu.be/afBr59n93gE

I helped with the tear-down and made it to the Red Key just in time for last call. 

No comments:

Post a Comment