Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: October 27, 1914 and October 27, 2021

Nora Bauer: Tuesday, October 27, 1914

Was to the card social given by the C B L of A at Moose Hall. Had a fine time. They played 15 games had 10 punches. Danced also. 

Nora Spitznogle: Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Fun day! Worked today, Anne-Marie's Galoween party in the neighborhood  this evening, took the Red Line to the Charley Crocket concert downtown, got a ride home from a friend.

What the initials of the C B L of A Club stand are seems to be lost to time. There were several mentions of the club, but always be the initials. The main thing is that Grandma Nora seems to have had a wonderful time. 
I had a lovely day also. I started off with a breakfast at the Indiana Roof honoring the 2021 class of Women of Influence. The founder of School on Wheels, Sally Bindley Millman. Our Second Helpings board member, Lisa Harris, CEO of Eskenazi Hospital, was the speaker - very inspiring. 

My friend Anne-Marie held her mostly annual (2020 was cancelled because of the pandemic). I was great to chat with Anne-Marie's great group of women friends and Anne-Marie is a wonderful hostess and baker and decorator and has the perfect backyard for entertaining. 

I took the Red Line (Indy Go electric bus) to HiFi Annex to see Charley Crockett. I've loved being about to attend outdoor shows this summer. 
I stood on the Blue Line platform for quite a bit and the monitor showed that next bus was 102 minutes away. Luckily a friend drove by and offered me a ride. 



No comments:

Post a Comment