Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: October 23, 1914 and October 23, 2021

Nora Bauer: Friday, October 23, 1914

Another nice day. Went down to the bank this afternoon. Started to work on my dresser scarf tonight. 

Nora Spitznogle: Saturday, October 23, 2021

At the Farm this morning and afternoon. Painted old book case from my childhood bedroom for my kitchen. 

Again, I wish I could see what Grandma Nora was making. And while I've seen a dresser scarf, I think they are a thing of the past. 

I love this photo of Grandma Nora's five daughters: Eleanor, Gertrude, Bernadine, Joan, Lucille. 
This is another wonderful family photograph of Grandma Nora's kiddos and spouses. 

Had fun at the Farm, Mom joined us. I had to work at the Red Key, so I had to leave just when we were gathering momentum. 

I was wound up after work so I painted a book case - before you say anything, I'm not a big fan of painting wood, but this wasn't an antique or particularly handsome. 

My kitchen is tiny and I've wanted a place to show off my Pyrex collection and add storage. I'm happy how it turned out. The Blatz tray is from Dad's basement and the Blatz figures are from Aaron's grandma's house. d

No comments:

Post a Comment