Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: October 22, 1914 and October 22, 2014

Nora Bauer: Thursday, October 22, 1914

Paul called me up this noon and we went to the card social at Saint Vincent's. Had a couple of dances. It is now 11:40 and just ready for bed. 

Nora Spitznogle: Friday, October 22, 2021

Worked downtown at Second Helpings today. Drive out the Farm - about 30 minutes away - after work to meet Beth and Ann. We're making progress, but so much still to do. 

Saint Vincent de Paul Catholic Church was one of the Catholic Churches in the heyday of Logansport. My mom's family attended St. Vincent's, which seems to be where the Irish Catholics worshiped. Mom and Dad were married there and Al Dunn sang at their wedding (click on the link above to read about the Dunn family and their history with the parish), 

Here's a blurb about the social. Grandma Nora failed to mention the ice cream. 

I found this darling photo of me - sitting at the Formica table that was hauled down from the attic. This photograph was taken when we lived on Michigan Road (State Road 421) on Taylor Hill. My guess is that this is my fourth birthday. Look at that party dress! And I still get jazzed about cake. 

We spent the evening in the basement sorting through Christmas things and Ball bars. 
The first measuring spot.

The second height chart. Look how much I've grown in last 45 years...of course, I'm probably at the shrinking stage now. 

I really enjoyed seeing where Dad had marked our heights. We all got taller than the under the stairs post, so a second measuring post was used. 

No comments:

Post a Comment