Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: October 20, 1914 and October 20, 2021

Nora Bauer: Tuesday, October 20, 1914

Was to Chas. Kramer's funeral this morning. Father Kroeger had such a lovely sermon. He surely spoke well of him. But it was very sad. 

Nora Spitznogle: Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Worked today, dinner with friends, then out to the Farm for more sorting. So far it's all smooth, but still emotional, and I am tired. 

I've been wondering why Grandma Nora didn't call Charles "Uncle Charles?" I realize that Charles is close in age to her - less than 10 years. She probably thought of him as more of a cousin. 

There is a long line of priests in the Kroeger family in Logansport. The most recent was Father Tim, who was Dad's priest at Saint Joesph's in Lebanon. Father Tim and Dad really hit it off and they were travel buddies along with Tim's brother Paul. The Kroeger family also owns a funeral home that has been in the family for generations. It's amazing how many relatives that have been baptized, married, and buried by a Kroeger. 

I met college friends Linda (Marigold owner) and Tammy for dinner at Traders Point Creamery. It was my first visit and it was delicious. Roasted beets - yummy! 

We had fun catching up. Tammy and her hubby are moving to Florida soon. 

Back to the Farm to meet up with Beth and Ann. We're making some headway. It's painful to go though closets and cabinets. Dad was pretty organized and paired down, but it's still hard to know what to do with things. I'm trying to be careful about what I take. I love family furniture, and my house is full of it already. That said, the boxes are starting to stack up in my house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment