Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: October 1, 1914 and October 1, 2021

 Nora Bauer: Thursday, October 1, 1914

Was to singing class tonight then went to confession. Gertrude and I went down to the dressmakers. Aunt Irma and the kids Lena and Hildred came today. 

Nora Spitznogle: Friday, October 1, 2021

Worked today, a culinary job training class graduated - always a joyful event. Saw friends  play at Duke's Honky-Tonk this evening. They sounded great - not many people. 

Irma is (I think), Erma, married to Grandma Nora's paternal Uncle Nicholas. Erma's first name is actually Gertrude, but there were plenty of Gert's floating around. They were living in Indianapolis at the time....if I have the right person...I'm about 50/50 on this one. I wonder if Lena and Hildred are grandchildren to Erma and Nicholas? 

Graduations days at Second Helpings are always special. I ventured out to see music this evening. I understand people's caution at going out (I'm with 'em), but it's sad to see a sparse room. I made sure to tip the bartender extra generously.  

No comments:

Post a Comment