Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: September 30, 1914 and September 30, 2021

Nora Bauer: Wednesday, September 30, 1914

Nora Spitznogle: Thursday, September 30, 2021



Busy work day followed by a fun evening. It was Ladies Night at Sullivan's, our local hardware store. 
Nora and Kassie
I should start by saying that I can't stand the word "lady/ladies." It seriously makes my skin crawl. I can't explain it, but I feel like it's a little degrading. My equity brain thinks that words for men and women should be equal. 

For example Ladies/Gentleman are equal in my mind, but you rarely hear men called gentleman. How about Woman's Night? 

Okay, off my soap box. 

I had a blast with Kassie. The parking lot was packed and they were parking people a block away, across a busy street. Kassie drove to her oldest daughter's house a few blocks away- Caitlin is also one of my godchildren - so we could be chauffeured to event. 

I'm pretty sure that every Northside Catholic woman of a certain age was there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment