Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: September 17, 1914 and September 17, 2021

Nora Bauer: Thursday, September 17, 1914

Gertrude and I went to singing class tonight. Anna had her club over. 

Nora Spitznogle: Friday, September 17, 2021

Nice day in South Bend/Elkart, long drive home. Fun night with friends. 

I've been thinking about how Grandma Nora and her sisters do a lot of things together. I don't think that my sisters and I were ever in any clubs together. Other and riding the bus and going to church, we didn't do any outside the house activities together. 
Judy and her daughters and I met for for breakfast. How beautiful is that avocado toast? We shopped in Elkart and had a fun and leisurely morning. 
Judy's grandson is adorable!

Judy hasn't changed a bit since college. 

I stopped at Cultivate Culinary on the way out of town to tour their new location. They're bursting at the seams! 

The drive home was long. It should take about 2.5 hours, but with construction is was closer to four. 

I got home just in time to feed the cat and jump on the Red Line to Fountain Square to see one of my favorite musicians, Danny Flannigan


I was giddy with the joy of hearing live music, the nice weather, being surrounded with friends, and a day off. 

I have house guests from Dayton, OH, in town for GenCon. David and Tracey have been staying at my house for years and they're great guests. Dan Axler (right) is a neighbor and friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment