Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: September 16, 1914 and September 16, 2021

Nora Bauer: Wednesday, September 16, 1914

Was very nice out today and is much warmer. 

Nora Spitznogle: Thursday, September 16, 2021

Worked half day, drive to South Bend for fundraiser. 

Sounds like Grandma Nora had a pretty boring day if all she could talk about was the weather. 

On the other hand, I had a delightful day. I went to South Bend for a fundraiser for Cultivate Culinary. Cultivate Culinary is a food rescue and hunger relief organization that we shared information with when they were first getting started. My college friend, Judy, lives in the area and was touring Cultivate Culinary and made the connection. 

Jim Conkln of Cultivate Culinary
The fundraiser was lovely, outdoors and on the Saint Joesph's river. Food and music was flowing. 

I spent the night with Judy and her family. It was fun hang out with her and her hubby, daughters and their husbands, and her adorable grandson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment