Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: August 7, 1914 and August 7, 2021

Nora Bauer: Friday, August 7, 1914

Was to 6 o'clock news this morning. Clara, Gertrude and I went out for a little walk this evening. 

Nora Spitznogle: Saturday, August 7, 2021

Had a fun day at the State Fair with Annie Herr Mitchell. Worked at the Red Key this evening. 


I wonder how old Clara Brill is? Once again, I'm thinking that I wish I had a big chunk of time off to research the family tree....although would I spend much time on learning about the niece of a great-great aunt by marriage? 

Ann Mitchell and I went to the State Fair this afternoon. In previous years Ann and I would walk to the Fair from my house and spend hours looking at every single thing on the Fairgrounds. Today's visit was a little shorter, although we covered a lot of ground. 

We checked out my open show projects in the Indiana Arts Building, we watched the parade, and visited Pioneer Village. We both purchased a loom-made rag rug - here we are posing by the sign that points out that we are the same age as the Pioneer Village. It's a milestone year for all of us 1961'ers, 

I had time for a quick nap before my Red Key shift. Another busy day shift! 


No comments:

Post a Comment