Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: August 5, 1914 and August 5, 2021

Nora Bauer: Wednesday, August 5, 1914

Was working pretty hard today. Got my trial balance. 

Nora Spitznogle: Thursday, August 5, 2021

Work, dentist, and Indiana State Fair adventures this evening. 

I wonder if Grandma Nora was miffed that she didn't get to go to Milwaukee of if that was her choice. I guess someone had to hold down the office. It sounds like she had a productive day at least. 

I ran from work to the dentist (dang cavity!) to the State Fair. I took advantage of the $3 Thursday sensible sized food specials this evening. I enjoyed a mini elephant ear and a pulled pork BBQ sandwich.

I got to the Indiana Arts Building just in time to hear the winners of today’s pie judging announced. There were 22 different divisions of pies that could be entered – I can’t imagine how many pies the judges tasted today. The best of show winner was a honey pie – I’m looking forward to seeing the recipe for that.

I took my time looking at the youth art, textile art, woodworking, and pottery open show entries on the lower level of the building. I made the trek to the third floor to visit The Lamp. She’s still giving me that blank look. 

I was thrilled to get a text from my friend Liz. The 4-H Llama costume contest is about to start in the Champions Pavilion. It’s sort of the Ugly Lamp contest for llamas. The 4-H’rs create a story and make costumes for themselves and their llama to carry out their theme. The story is read over a very scratchy echo-y microphone and the kiddos and their llamas parade around the ring. The cuteness factor is off the chart. I have no idea how the judge picks the winners.

No comments:

Post a Comment