Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: August 23, 1914 and August 23, 2021

Nora Bauer: Sunday, August 23, 1914

Went to 7:30 o'clock Mass and got dinner. Anna, Gertrude, Leo, Herman and John when out for a walk. Mamie and I went up to the park. It Rained all evening.  

Nora Spitznogle: Monday, August 23, 2021

Another work day for me. Picked up my entries from the Fairgrounds, worked on writing my wrap-up of my 20 visits to the Fair for NUVO and straightening the house. 

Anna, Gertrude, Herman, and Mamie are Grandma Nora's siblings - the only one not mentioned is her older brother, William. We know that Leo is a visiting cousin from the from her mother's side of the family and I'm assuming that John is her cousin John Hayward Bauer from her father's side of the family. I wonder why Nora and Mamie didn't go with them? Or was there something more exciting at the park? 

I picked up my projects at the Fair and had fun with The Lamp. 

I had fun posing The Lamp as the I in FAIR. 
It's hard to believe that the Midway was in this parking lot just 18 hours before. 

If procrastinating was an Olympic Event, I'd be a gold medalist. I had fun posing my 2019 blue ribbon lamp with this years in a effort to avoid writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment