Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: August 18, 1914 and August 18, 2021

Nora Bauer: Tuesday, August 18, 1914
Gertrude had a party this evening. I guess all of the girls had a good time. Bertha and Loretta won the prize. 

Nora Spitznogle: Wednesday, August 18, 2021
Busy work day. Headed to State Fair after for the Happy Together Tour concert and a nice walk around the Fairgrounds. 

I wonder if the party was at the house? I can't find any newspaper mention of the soiree. I assume that the prize winners were Bertha and Loretta Bauer, daughters of Uncle Frank...and cousins to Grandma Nora and her sister, Gertrude.

I had one goal for this evening's visit to the Indiana State Fair - the Happy Together Tour. The tour has been making a stop at the Indiana State Fair for several years. The first year I went to see Susan Cowsill - and I realized that the concert is good cheesy sing-along fun. They sing the songs that I didn't even know that I knew the words to. 

Typically my media credentials allows me access to the "photo pit," a strip in front of the stage, separated from the crowd by a barrier. When I shoot big shows, the protocol is that the photographers get to shoot the first three songs and then get hustled out. 

For this show, since the bands only play three or four songs, I usually photograph the first song and plop down on the ground until the next band and repeat...

This year those was no photo pit for this show, which I totally understand due to the pandemic - the photographers all darted in front of the crowd for the first song, which I don't love, people have been staking their seats for hours. 

I was giddy when Susan gave me a little shout-out from the stage when she saw me. I didn't get to say hello after the show, again no meet-and-greet due to the pandemic. 





No comments:

Post a Comment