Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: June 29, 1914 and June 29, 2021

Nora Bauer: Monday, June 29, 1914

Was up town this morning and also this afternoon. Kate went back this noon. Bought Paul a birthday present and sent it to him. 

Nora Spitznogle: Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Worked on downloading photos to a flash drive to take to funeral home for montage. The lack of internet and service call very frustrating. 

I assume that Grandma Nora is talking about Kate Porter, not her Aunt Kate. I still don't know where Kate was living at the time. 

Grandma Nora listed Paul's gift in her cash accounting in the back of the journal - $2.50 for the gift and .03 cents for the postage. I wonder what she got him? 

This lack of internet thing is frustrating. They finally came for the service call this afternoon. The guy did a really sloppy job - the wire is hanging so low in the backyard that it's only five feet from the ground and he left a big spool of wire in the middle of the yard, but I'll  to deal with that later - I have WiFi and that's the big thing. 

I drove to the Farm to grab photos from Ann's computer and add a few that were at the house. I delivered it to the funeral home with just minutes to spare. 

I also called as many of Dad's godchildren as a could - Dad requested that his godchildren be pallbearers. 

Ann and Tim are staying at the Farm, Mom, Beth and Troy, and my friend Kassie joined us. Two of Ann's friends from Phoenix were passing through and were spending the night also. 

A friend of J.R. and Anna's had sandwiches and cheese trays and such delivered. We ate and played Euchre. It turned out to be a nice evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment