Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: June 1, 1914 and June 1, 2021

Nora Bauer: Monday, June 1, 1914

Today being my birthday I received some very pretty presents. I got three more piece[s] to my set of dishes, a silver spoon, glass dish, and salt and pepper shakers. 

Nora Spitznogle: Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Today is a Tuesday that smells like a Monday. It was wonderful to have a long weekend, but it seemed like there were two days of work crammed into one. 

Grandma Nora turned 20! I wonder what her dish pattern was? Where these gifts from her family or did Paul give her anything? So many questions! 

Even with all of my questions, I'm thrilled that I have this glimpse into her life 127 years later. How lucky am I? 

Not much to tell about my day. It was productive and I still feel behind...which is nothing new, really. 

No comments:

Post a Comment