Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: May 17, 1914 and May 17, 2021

Nora Bauer: Sunday, May 17, 1917

The children made their solemn Communion today. Paul and I went driving a little while this evening and then went over to Aunt Kate's. 

Nora Spitznogle: Monday, May 17, 2021

Another busy day at Second Helpings. Meetings and budgeting and meetings about budgeting. I ran errands and did a little work around the house. 


I'm sure that Grandma Nora loved the Solemn Communion - First Holy Communion as we know it today. She made sure that her children's First Communions were documented with formal photographs. 

Rosemary gave me originals of all of the pictures and my papa made these great frames. He gave them to his siblings and he gave a set of the photos to his nieces and nephews. 
My papa, John Vincent Spitznogle, circa 1942

I wonder if she and Paul pictured that they would have nine children making their Solemn Communion in that same church?

I'm surprised that her Uncle Val's funeral hasn't happened yet...maybe the were waiting for someone else to arrive from out of town. 

Not much to tell about my day....

No comments:

Post a Comment