Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: April 5, 1914 and April 5, 2021

Nora Bauer: Sunday, April 5, 1914

Was nice out today but pretty cold. Margaret, Clara and I went out walking this afternoon passed the light plant. We all went to Aunt Kate's tonight. 

Nora Spitznogle: Monday, April 5, 2021

Woke up early and took Harry for a 45 minute walk. Drove Annie to physical therapy appointment at Mayo Clinic. Watched NCAA Men's Championship and EBTH tonight. 

I spent a few minutes seeing if I could find Clara's last name and whether Grandma Nora meant Margaret Schnitz. When she's mentioned Margaret Schnitz in the past, she's always included her last name. The Light Plant was in the news that month because the manager was under fire for mismanaging public funds. I wonder if Nora's employer, Barnes Construction, built the building?

Aunt Kate is married to Nora's Uncle Valentine. 
It's three hours earlier in Phoenix than Indianapolis, so when Ann and Tim's dog, Harry, bounded in the room, I was already awake. We walked around the neighborhood for 45 minutes. For a small dog - he weighs less than my Tilly cat - he makes an impressive amount of potty stops. 
Ann and I ventured out to the grocery store - I purchased a cute felted Easter rabbit on sale - and walked around the outdoor mall. Back home for a short nap before the drive to Ann's PT appointment at Mayo Clinic - it's an impressive place! Lunch and back home for a rest. I soaked in some sun while swinging in their back yard. 
 
At Ann's suggestion, I'd brought Yat's with me. a favorite of Tim's. My little food safety heart wanted to make sure that it got there at the correct temperature. I picked it up on Thursday, blast chilled at at work and froze it solid for transporting in a cooler with freezer blocks. We enjoyed it for dinner - it sure was tasty! 

Ann and Tim have a projection television and a huge screen - what a great way to watch the championship game. I really enjoyed watching the games this year - I'm sure it had to do with the fact that they were all in Indianapolis (or at Purdue and I.U.). We were rooting for Gonzaga, but Baylor dominated the whole game. 

After that we watched "my" episode of the HGTV show Everything but the House. It was big silly fun to see myself larger than life. 
I had the giggles! 
Wait! I'm Nora S.! 


No comments:

Post a Comment