Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: April 11, 1914 and April 11, 2021

 Nora Bauer: Saturday, April 11, 1914

Was very nice out today. Was up to the Church. Saw Amy and Gertrude Minnemann. Paul called me up this evening and said he would see me after 9 o'clock Mass. 

Nora Spitznogle: Sunday, April 11, 2021

What a perfectly lazy day I had! I slept in and napped and napped some more. I ventured out around 6:30  to run errands. I prepped lunch and snacks for tomorrow. 

I have a Minnemann hanging out on my family tree in Ancestry.com, but I think we're related by marriage - I wish I had time to dive into it further...of course today would have been a good day for that, but I napped the day away. 

I'm excited that Grandma Nora has a date with Paul tomorrow - hopefully she was also. 

I clearly needed to rest my brain and body. I haven't slept this much in ages! 

I ventured out this evening. I purchased a new washer and dryer for the rental side - I didn't realize how long it would take to get delivered, I was hoping for later this week. 

I'm feeling motivated to faithfully follow Weight Watchers again - I know that it works! I picked up veggies and fruit and healthy snack stuff at the grocery store. I prepped a salad for lunch and snacks for tomorrow. Second Helpings is a minefield of candy and chips - I'm going to try to have my food blinders on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment