Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: March 8, 1914 and March 8, 2021

 Nora Bauer: Sunday, March 8, 1914

Was a little better when I got up this morning but had to go back to bed about 10:00 and did not go to church. Was talking to Helen M. on the phone. Paul was in tonight. 

Nora Spitznogle: Monday, March 8, 2021

I planned on sleeping in, so I woke up at 4:15, two hours earlier than usual. I got the big wall painted and the furniture moved. I only had to make two trips to the hardware store. 

Poor Grandma Nora's head - missing church on Sunday seems like a big deal for her. I'm glad that she got to see Paul. I wonder who Helen M. was? 

I had a lovely day off. Painting is so much easier in the daylight. I finished the big wall and was able to move furniture there. I still need to paint the other three, but there isn't as much wall between windows, doors, and openings. I'm not going to paint the other rooms - I honestly don't are enough. 

My work-style seems chaotic on the surface. I pile everything in the middle of the rooms and go from there. I've learned that taking every book out of the bookcases and emptying the drawers forces me to take a hard look at everything. I loved having the time to sit on the floor and flip through books. I spent an hour reading Irish poetry - a lovely treat. The yard sale/donate bins are filling up - woo hoo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment