Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: February 25, 1914 and February 25, 2021

 Nora Bauer: Wednesday, February 25, 1914

This was the coldest morning we have had. Was 2 below zero when we went to work. Margaret Schnitz was down to the office today. Mrs. Barnes wants her to learn our system of Bookkeep. 

Nora Spitznogle: Thursday, February 25, 2021

Lots of work meetings today and a City Market board meeting - all remote, of course. Uneventful evening at home. No painting - worked in the basement on organizing my out-of-hand pile of tee-shirts. 

This entry is so wild to read, knowing what we know now of Grandma Nora's life. Nora and Paul married in 1919 and after Nora died in 1951, Paul married Margaret. 

Was Nora excited to be training Margaret? Was she worried about Margaret replacing her? Oh the foreshadowing! 

My day wasn't very exciting. Meetings and taking the minutes for the City Market board meeting. My tee-shirt collection is out of hand. I have two tubs of vintage ones and a dresser full of newer ones. Between attending lots of concerts and being involved in so many things it's easy for them to get out of hand. I do wear them for my Saturday night waitressing shifts, so they're getting use. I've semi organized them by sports, Indy-centric, bands, and activities. That doesn't mean that I won't keep grabbing the same ones from the top of the pile, but they look better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment