Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: February 24, 1914 and February 24, 2021

 Nora Bauer: Tuesday, February 24, 1914

Was a little disappointed this evening. Had intended going to the dance and was getting [ready] when Paul called up and said he could not come because he had too much to do. 

Nora Spitznogle: Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Took today off from work to pick up a piece of furniture in Cincinnati. Kassie, Dad, and I made the trek. Thank goodness for neighbor Ed for helping unload at my house. 

I'm guessing that Grandma Nora was more than a little disappointed that Paul was not able to go to the dance with her. Did she go without him? I do love how there were dances and social events every evening then. 

So my freshening up the house project has gotten a little out of hand. I've also decided to let go of a huge piece of furniture that I was using as a china cabinet. It's 80 inches wide x 89 inches tall. It takes up most of the only wall without a window or door. I purchased a sensible-sized buffet that is 58" wide x 30" tall. Much better for my 750 square-foot home. 

I've become a little addicted to the EBTH site and picking something up there isn't too far - under two hours from my house, but it's not that simple - and a lot more fun my way. 

Dad has a friend that he enjoys visiting with in Batesville and Kassie's new/old house is right next to Sally's. Kassie met me at my house and we picked Dad and his truck up at the farm, dropped him off in Batesville, drove to Cincinnati to pick up the buffet, back to Batesville to check in on Kassie's house and fetch Dad, to my house in Indy to put the buffet on my porch - with the help of my dear neighbor Ed, then I drove back to the farm to leave Dad and the truck, then back home. That's a heck of a lot of miles for someone who doesn't enjoy driving. 

That said, it's a great way to spend time with Dad and Kassie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment