Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: February 13, 1914 and February 13, 2021

 Nora Bauer: Friday, February 13, 1914

Was up town this afternoon and bought a small centerpiece and worked on it in the office. Paul called me up this evening and asked me if I got any Valentines yet. 

Nora Spitznogle: Saturday, February 13, 2021

Got a good night's sleep and puttered around baking and frosting cookies and putting together St. Valentine's Day treats. Cold day! I worked at the Red Key and we were busy. 

I still haven't figured out where Grandma Nora was working. I get the feeling it was part-time, but I'm just guessing. More centerpieces - what the heck? 

It sounds like Paul was anxious for his Valentine's Day greeting to arrive!

I've hosted a Saint Valentine's Day party for decades - in light of the pandemic it would be irresponsible to stuff people into my small house. Since I've been gone so much, I'm a relieved to not be running around like a nut cleaning and baking and decorating. At one point I thought I'd invite a handful of people to have a beer around a fire in by backyard. It's going to be so cold - around zero with the wind chill - that I'm scrapping that idea also. 

I baked several dozen cookies for gift bags that I'll deliver tomorrow - I've added splits of bubbly and a PEZ dispenser to each one. 

Work at the Red Key was busy, especially because I was the cook too. I can't imagine how wed did it when the bar was at 100% capacity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment