Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: February 11, 1914 and February 11, 2021

Nora Bauer: Wednesday, February 11, 1914

Was to a card social tonight at our hall. I had 10 punches. They danced a little too had five dance. Anna had beau home. Who ? John. 

Nora Spitznogle: Thursday, February 11, 2021

Woke up at 6:00 to head back to Indy. Roads were cruddy. Played catch-up all day from days off. Got a call from Aaron to check on his grandma. 

I found a little blurb about the card social. I guessed that when she wrote "our hall," it was at Saint Joseph's hall. I kept thinking that when she wrote about punches that it had to do with her dance card. Now I'm wondering if it has something to do with cards?
The rest of her notes don't make much sense. Typically Grandma Nora is better with her grammar. I wish we knew the name of Anna's beau. 

My friend, Aaron, from Austin, TX called to see if I would check on his grandmother and uncle. It's not my story to tell, but I wound up staying through the night to help. It must be so hard to have all of the relatives out of town. 

No comments:

Post a Comment