Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: January 23, 2014 and January 23, 2021

 Nora Bauer: Friday, January 23, 1914

Was up to Mr. Barnes house this afternoon and Marji gave me a piece of ?. Was up to the bank. It was pouring rain when we came home tonight. 

Nora Spitznogle: Saturday, January 23, 2021

Lazy day at home, managed to sort through a few things to add to the yard sale pile. Worked at the Red Key Tavern this evening - busy, yay! 

I made the photograph of Grandma Nora's entry extra large, in case someone can help decipher it. Pastry, maybe? Although I think she'd just say "cake" or "pie." My guess is that it was cloth of something to do with her fancy work. All theories are welcomed! 

I had a truly lazy Saturday. I mostly napped and read wrapped around small bursts of housework - doing the dishes and laundry. I was smart enough to divvy up a coffeecake that was taunting me - bourbon, bacon, maple. Delicious! I dropped a chunk off at Tammy's on the way to work - she gave me a quart of ox-tail soup in exchange and gave the rest to my co-worker, Steve, who brought me vegetable soup.  Woo hoo! 

Work at the Red Key was busy, just the way I like it. These days I'm the hostess, waitress, cook, busboy, dishwasher, and cashier - and sometimes bartender.  

2 comments:

  1. I also think it says candy! The odd shapes come from the letters below it and above it other the other lines.

    ReplyDelete