Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: January 2, 1914 and January 2, 2021

Nora Bauer: Friday, January 2, 1914

Was snowing all day, and it is rather sloppy. Paul [Spitznogle, her beau] called about 7:00 o'clock and we went to the dance. Had a real good time. 

Nora Spitznogle: Saturday, January 2, 2021

Cold morning for weigh in at WW [formerly called Weight Watchers]. Helped Schaun load truck to donate furniture. Visited two antique stores, had lunch, and worked at the Red Key. 

I have so mamy questions about Grandma Nora's day! How long had she and Paul - who would become my grandfather - been dating? Did she know he was the one? Where was the dance, what did she wear? I need details, Grandma! 

My day was fun - I was happy to help Schaun move some furniture out of his house and take to Saint Vincent de Paul thrift store. I'm half-way looking for a cabinet for my kitchen. It needs to be narrow to work in my small space. I waitressed at the Red Key Tavern - we were sort-of busy for the times -  the current health department mandates only allow for 50% seating and closing at midnight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment