Two Noras: 1915 and 2023

My  paternal grandmother, Nora, was a great recorder of daily events. I have her daily notes from 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919, 192...

Two Noras: January 19, 1914 and January 19, 2021

Nora Bauer: Monday, January 19, 1914

Was very sloppy out today. Was uptown this afternoon. Got a wedding invitation from Joe Schneider today. He will be married Jan. 28. 

Nora Spitznogle: Tuesday, January 19, 2021

At work at 6:00 A.M. I had an appointment this afternoon to finalize my medical power of attorney, etc. How adult am I? 

I still don't know what the relationship between Grandma Nora and Joe Schneider is. And isn't he getting married in Kansas? Mysteries abound. I spent a good chunk of time looking for a map of Logansport during the 1915 timeframe. I'd like to get a visual grip on what uptown means to her. 

My goal for my 50th birthday was to get my will written and all of the medical and financial power of attorney stuff taken care of. Nine and a half years later, here we are. I signed in the documents for my medical wishes and power of attorney today. In the next six weeks I need to get the details of the will done. At this point, I'm hoping to break even and not leave a financial mess for anyone. I can't make any promises about the basement mess. 

If you're looking for a gentle, uber-helpful, accordion playing attorney to shepherd you through the process, reach out to Demos Mills Law. She makes it as painless as possible. 

I was pretty productive when I got home. I changed the Christmassy colors lights across the top of the house to red, white, and blue in honor of tomorrow's inauguration, cycled through laundry, took out the trash, did dishes, attended a virtual lecture, and walked to the liquor store down the street to purchase lottery tickets...the jackpot keeps rolling over....someone's got to win, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment